Call Today! 605-679-6875
Evans Law, P.C.
Shaping The Future

Employment-Based Immigration

The emergence of Sioux Falls as a gateway city for immigrants is a relatively new and very exciting development. The dynamic economy has opened up many opportunities, for businesses and individuals alike.

At Evans Law, P.C., we are here to help you take advantage of the available options and find the right path to achieving your goals. For more than 20 years, we have helped clients in South Dakota and beyond benefit from employment-based immigration.

Call 605-679-6875 to discuss your unique situation with an experienced immigration lawyer.

What Type Of Visa Do You Need?

Employment-based immigration can take several different forms. We handle the full range of options, which include:

  • Temporary visas The coveted H-1B visa for graduate-level workers in specialty occupations is perhaps the best known temporary visa. But there are also temporary visas for seasonal workers, religious workers and others, as well as visas available under NAFTA to certain Mexican and Canadian professionals.
  • Permanent visas To hire a full-time employee on a permanent basis, the employer has to advertise the job and show that no U.S. citizens in the local market can perform it adequately. This is an extensive process, but it is available for visas such as the EB-3 for skilled workers.
  • Student and exchange visitors — This category encompasses F-1 for academic students, M-1 for vocational students and J-1 for exchange visitors. In some cases, people who enter the country with this status may be eligible to work.

Our law firm can guide you through the process involved in any of these visa types and statuses and help you find a creative solution that fits your circumstances.

Finding The Right Solution

If you are a business owner seeking to bring in a worker from abroad, there are a number of factors to consider. For one thing, it's important to be aware that there is a cap in the number of temporary (nonimmigrant) visas of each type that can be issued each year.

In some cases, however, it may be possible to find an exception to the cap. For example, if you are contractor at a government research facility, such as the U.S. Geological Survey facility in Sioux Falls, you aren't subject to the cap.

For individuals, there are also ways to find the right immigration solution based on individual circumstances. For example, sometimes someone who entered the country on a temporary visa marries or becomes engaged to a U.S. citizen. We can help you find the right way to respond in situations such as these.

Take Action

Call our office today for a confidential consultation with a skilled attorney. Or, if you prefer, complete the online form.

Se habla español.

Quick Contact Form

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy